Hello friends, if you are reading this you will likely have noticed that we have changed our name to Stagehand and our new web address is www.stagehand.app.
The new name and branding is intended to be more representative of the people that we serve and the value that we provide in the community. We are not an Artist or a Venue or an Agent or a Promoter, we are the behind the scenes support that makes it easier to put talented acts on stage.
Hats off to my partner, Kiley Hykawy and his talented team of developers Ryan Kramer and James Ong, they have been hard at work all winter to bring you new features that help you book more shows with the right people. Building software is not easy and we are fortunate to have such a talented technical team.
Even though our name has changed, profiles and login information will remain the same. You will however notice some new features (based on your feedback), bug fixes and interface improvements. Some highlights include:
- Improved searching and sorting of Artists by genre.
- Classification of Venues as predominantly Original or Cover Music.
- A more focused way of handling Artist genres for better searches.
- Embedded audio player so Artists can include music right in their profile
- High Resolution images can be stored on the profile to expedite sharing with Venues to better promote shows.
- Plus many other functional, technical and user interface improvements.
We will explore more details of these and the rest of the new features in a future blog, plus we will keep you updated on even more features Kiley and his team are hard at work on right now.
In the meantime, I want to officially welcome you to the new Stagehand site and thank you for your past and future support of this platform.
As always I welcome your feedback, please contact me at email@example.com