Lumin Arts Inc. (“Lumin”) values your business. We want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us. Lumin has established a privacy program that aligns with privacy laws and industry good practices.
With respect to your personal and business information, you have the right to:
- know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your information;
- expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented;
- expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure;
- inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current;
- expect an organization to destroy your information when requested and when no longer required for the intended purpose;
- confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information; and
- file a complaint about an organization’s personal information privacy practices with the applicable privacy authority of your province, state, or country (or EU Member State).
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you visit our website, and when you use our Stagehand™ software application.
If you are an artist, we collect the following information about you, some of which is considered “personal information” (information about an identifiable individual):
- Contact information that you input into open text fields, such as your name, e-mail address, and phone number;
- Information about your performances and events;
- Information about your skills and experience communicated through a Stagehand profile (including your art type, genre, description, audio, video, photographs, sample performances, sample work, and links to social media);
- Contact information provided when seeking technical support;
- Information about you when you visit and interact with our website and software application, which may include the links you click on, the file attachments you download, and frequently used search terms; and
- Device information including your connection type and settings, information about your operating system, browser type, IP address, and URLs of referring/exit pages.
If you are a venue, we collect information about you that allows us to better provide our services to you, and to help artists plan for their performances. This includes information such as whether you are a licensed establishment, what kind of audio system is available, your seating capacity, and what kind of charge model you use to pay for entrance fees (if any).
When you do business with us, we may collect three types of information: personal, non-personal (business), and anonymous. You share this information so that we may provide you with the information and service that best meet your needs. We use and disclose this information in order to:
- Facilitate the booking procedure for artists to book and plan for performances;
- Allow venues to search for and attract the type of artists that fit with the audience profile that will be in attendance at the venue;
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner (e.g., responds to help requests);
- Provide requested information pertaining to our Stagehand™ application (e.g., demo requests, marketing communications, sales communication);
- Improve and enhance the functionality of the Stagehand™ software application; and
- Act as required or authorized by law.
This section applies only to the extent that “Personal Data” (as defined by Regulation (EU) 2016/679, also known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)) is transferred from either you or Lumin to the other party when we provide our Stagehan™ software application to you. Personal Data from the European Union can only be collected and transferred in accordance with applicable data protection laws, which currently require parties outside of jurisdictions deemed adequate by the EU to (i) enter into the EU standard contractual clauses, OR (ii) process Personal Data in a manner consistent with privacy principles designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and European Commission, available at https://www.privacyshield.gov (“Privacy Principles”). Lumin shall receive Personal Data pertaining to artists only through the artists personally, or through third party data providers that have represented to Lumin that such third party has collected Personal Data in a lawful manner that complies with the GDPR, and/or has certified to the Privacy Principles in order to legally transfer Personal Data to Lumin. Accordingly, you and Lumin, as applicable, each warrant and undertake that:
- Lumin will provide the same level of protection as the Privacy Principles and will notify you if it makes a determination that it can no longer meet this obligation; and
- Upon notice, Lumin will take reasonable and appropriate steps to stop processing such Personal Data and/or remediate any unauthorized use.
Lumin attempts to provide accurate information on our website, but it assumes no responsibility for accuracy. Lumin may change the information on our website, or the described services, at any time without notice. Content on our site is provided “as is” and Lumin disclaims all warranties, express or implied. This includes but is not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. It also includes any express or implied warranties arising from any course of dealing, usage or trade practice.
Lumin is not liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of material on our site. This includes but is not limited to the loss of data or loss of profit, even if Lumin was advised of the possibility of such damages.
All employees and associates who are granted access to your personal information understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended.
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by communicating to us in writing. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested services. Please contact us in writing to withdraw your consent.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.